BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving / Black Friday

I can't believe thanksgiving is already here and gone... I had written a post Wednesday night that I was going to put up for thanksgiving, but I thought it was dumb. So I ditched it... So know I'm going to try again.... I have to be in the mood to write a post and lately I haven't really been in the mood... Even right now I don't really feel like writing one, but it has almost been a week since my last one so I better put one up... I just got back from a nooks game.. They are doing really good this year.. They won tonight and if they win tomorrow they would have won as many games this year as they did the whole of last year.. So ya that's really cool... Well I guess I should talk about thanksgiving.. Thanksgiving was one of the days I really loved as a kid... We always had a big hockey game thanksgiving morning... I would have a hard time sleeping the night before because I would be so pumped up about it... We had some crazy fun hockey games on thanksgiving... When I was younger my dad built us a ice rink in our front yard and that's where we would play... The adults would even come out and play in there boots... We had some really intense adult vs kids games... We even had our own fights and injuries... Boy thoughs were the days..... =) I really miss doing that.... The Mcbrooms and Lamberts would always come over for Thanksgiving... Boy I have allot of good memories from them coming over... The one that's sticks in my head the most is of bek (Lewis) always getting allot of food and saying she was going to eat it all.. But after a couple of bites she would always be full.. She would say and do that every year.. One year I think she actually did finish it all but I'm not sure... I don't know why I always remember that about thanksgiving... Anyhow It was always a blast having them over... This year they didn't come over so it didn't really feel like thanksgiving... But it was a alright thanksgiving this year.. We got in our usual game of hockey even though it was -15 out.. Ya it was cold..=( But we had to do it for old times sack... Jen even came out and played so that was cool... Jason came up to visit Jo so he got to play too... Jo also dragged herself out there and played... I was kinda shocked by her she was really showing of out there on the ice for Jason!!! Ive never seen her skate so hard before and she was even the last person off the ice... Boy!! Love really does make people act different.... Speaking of that Bubs really turned into a fruitcake lately... But that's for a whole another post... Him and Lisa went over to her parents house for thanksgiving.... So it was alittle depressing not having them there... But on the bright side we didn't have to have the green bean casserole that she was threatening to bring over... Nasty!! Why anybody would want to eat something that looks and taste like a bunch of beans that have already been eaten then upchucked back into the pan is beyond me?!?! =) Anyhow we still had fun... BLACK FRIDAY Most of the family got up and went shopping today... We all went to Denys first, its starting to become a tradition to go there on black Friday... After Denys me, jock, kriss, and aaron went to almost every store in town.... SO MUCH for trying to save money... I blew way to much money today.. I bought some tools and a really nice coat (which I didn't really need) At woolyrhinos... We had a good time together... The funnest part was just sitting there (waiting for kriss, who took here time at every stored, but that's fine) watching all the crazy people running around buying everything they could get ahold of... I love people watching its a blast.... There is allot of funny people out there... And NOO I wasn't looking in the mirror... I tried to find a picture of my coat online but all I could find was the girls version of it... The coats made in Norway so if you go to there website you can't read anything unless you can read Norwegian..
Thanksgiving morning mom made us eggs for breakfast, but I told here I wasn't hungry and that I would just wait tell dinner to eat that way I would be really hungry... But after hockey I was really starving so I went to the store and got this for breakfast for me and jock.. Ya real healthy I know... =) Just don't tell my mom, she'll beat me for it... =)



I made kriss try on this hat at woolyrhinos.. She didn't really go for the hat... I don't no why?? =(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

JOrd, you stinker...no wonder you have thyroid problems.

You forgot to mention the Apples to Apples game you all played. You guys were louder than a house full of toddlers....just ask Anita.

Samuel Hammett said...

Lol, You ate donuts! But there are so bad for you :) any way, I want to see the jacket... oh and nice hat Krista!

~Kluane said...

Hey! You obviously haven't had my mom's green bean casserole....you would like it way better...most people use canned beans (which are gross anyways...) but fresh beans or frozen ones are waaaaaaay better=o)

Anonymous said...

uck..I'm so embarrassed 8O

Anonymous said...

Green bean casserole is probably the only way to ruin green beans in the whole world...