BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another off the wall post....

I'm going to be shocked if anybody reads all this post.... It gives you a first hand look at what brought great happiness to Jordania in its younger days... If you do read it please vote on the poll afterwords... Thank you... =) Enjoy...

Tonight me, jock, and Aaron were over at my house killing time... Me and Jock were watching a movie while Smith was trying to study... We were watching the first if five movies on the history of fighter planes that bro Tozier gave me.... It started with the Wright brothers airplane and went threw WW1 and into the 1930s... Ya Ya I know this is boring, but it brings me to what I really wanted to post about... While we were watching it me and Smith got to talking about all the different airplanes and then Smith said that the movie was really making him want to play a combat flight simulator... I was like DUDE me too!!! Then we got talking about the video games we both played way back in our childhood.... It brought back some really good memories of the days when you didn't really have a care in the world... The days when all you had to worry about was getting your school done each day and not wetting the bed.... (don't ask)... Where the hardest thing of the week was waiting for Friday to come around again... Because Friday was movie and popcorn night.... But the best thing about Friday was that when we got done with our school and two o'clock rolled around it meant that we were allowed to play the computer... YIPPEEEE.... Boy those were the days.... At the time I was really into WW2 fighter planes and pilots... I would go to the Library and check out five or six books just on that subject.... I wouldn't just look at the pictures I would read them to... I got this book once that was about every single air battle that took place in WW2.. I remember the book was orange and had really small print and was about five hundred pages long and it weighed about twenty pounds, I had a hard time lifting it.. No joke... I read the whole thing and when i got done I thought it was the coolest book ever... It took me two month of reading it every day to finish it... I remember when I read the last page and closed the book, that i was like WoW I can't believe I read all that!!! It felt like it took me ten years to read it and that I had so much information crammed into my head that if stood up I would fall over head first from the weight of it all... HMMMM Sry people didn't mean to go on and on and on about that... OKAY back to what I meant to post on.... ANYHOW I was totally into WW2 airplane fighter games... We went to Sam's club one day and the first thing us kids did when we go to Sams is run to the electronic section and check out the computer games and videos.... So this day we ran over there as usual.. When I got to the video game section, I was stopped in my tracks by what I saw for sale on the shelf.... THERE IT WAS!!! The ULTIMATE airplane fighter game!!! =) It was what ive always dreamed of and more... It was Microsoft COMBAT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2.... It was amazing.. I grabbed it checking out the cool pictures and amazing graphics.. It was the Pacific Theater it let you fly all the airplane in WW2 and you got to fight the Japs... OHBOY OHBOY!!! Then m heart sank when I saw the price 50 dollars!!! :-( 50 dollars?!?! Hows a little elven year old boy supposed to afford that or even get his parents to buy it for him??? Hey mom will you buy this for me?? (mom) How much is it??? (me) Ummm just fifty bucks... (mom) WHAT??? Fifty dollars?!?! Put that back jordy before I spank you... Will i couldn't blame her... Fifty dollars was more then i usually saw in a year... So I went home heart broken, my dreams crushed, ruined, it was the end of the world.... =( Once I pulled myself out of deep very deep depression I was in, I determined to save my pennies up for the game.. But after month of saving I only had half of what I needed... It seemed like i would never save up enough money.. But then it happened.. It was in December... The church voted to give dad a love offering of $1000 for Christmas... So he gave us kids 50 dollars each... $25 to spend on gifts for others in the family and $25 to spend on our self... I HAD IT!!! Finally the 50 dollars... The only problem now was convincing the parents why I wanted, nooo, why I needed this game... And let me tell you it was no small ordeal talking them into letting me get it... They finally said YES!!! I LOVE YOU DAD, MOM, your the bestest parents.... But then I had to wait two more agonizing days before we went to town again.... After hours and hours of shopping we finally made our way to Sams... I ran and got it and took it to mom to pay for it since i didnt have a Sams card.... After leaving Sams we got to go straight how right?? NOOOOOO we had to go to Joan's fabric... Two long vary long hour later we finally headed home... Well I finally made it home and got to play my game.. And it was what I always dreamed of and more... I became an ACE in two days and got to fly my favorite airplane the P-38 Lightning.... I got to fight in the great battles like Midway and Guadalcanal.... I had a AI wingman named Mike that would go on all the missions with me and whenever he got shot down I would always start the mission over because he was my favorite wingman and had the most kills beside me... On one mission he got shot down, but I didn't realize he did, so I finished the mission... After each mission it would save the game and wouldn't let you replay the mission.. So after it saved it I realized he had got shot down and I couldn't replay the mission to save him... I was so mad at myself, I felt like I had lost a good friend. I almost cried.. The missions where never the same without him... :-( It was the most amazing game ever, I played it to death.. I shot down many a Jap and turned the tide of WW2 almost single handily.. I even got dad to by me a fancy joystick to help me fly better, but that's another story.... Anyhow watching that airplane movie just brought back that great memory... So after the movie me and Jock tor the house apart trying to find the game... That was quite the adventure in itself, we finally found it and played it... It took me 5 minute for the game to get old and boring to me.... But even after ten years I still remembered the controls on the keyboard without looking... The graphics where really sad compared to now days games... But as a little kid and with the imagination I had the graphics back then totally beats anything they make now.... Okay that's enough of rambling on about that.. Like you really care... I hope you found something interesting in this post.... Above in the other post are some pictures and movie that go along with this post... Oh and don't forget to vote on the poll.... Good Night All...

3 comments:

Samuel Hammett said...

Dude, thats really funny, that was my favorite game, every thursday after school my friends and I would take turns playing it, it was the best!

Anonymous said...

You were such a cute little kid. WHAT HAPPENED!

Anonymous said...

Jord:
I only let you buy it so I could play it.
Dad