BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just a picture





When I saw the picture that I posted below from (American Heroes) it reminded me if another picture that I saw in one of my WWII books.. Its of a Polish boy sitting amid the rubble created by the the bombs of the Luftwaffe (German Air force).. The picture was taken in the town of Warsaw in September of 1939, at the start of WWII... On the first of September 1939 the Germans with the help of Soviets invaded Poland.. So Britain and France declared war on Germany.. But the British weren't ready for war thanks to PM Neville Chamberlain who just always tried to appease the Germans instead of stand up to them... And France being the girly nation it is just stood on its boarder and watch as the Germans crushed Poland... Warsaw was the last main city in Poland to fall... The Poles stubbornly resisted so the Germans bombed everything they could... On September 27 Warsaw finally fell to the Germans only after it ran out of medical supplies, food and water.. Wow!! Sorry for the history lesson.. Anyways back to the picture... It always makes me cry when i look at it.. And I always wonder if the person who took the picture went and sat down by the boy and gave him a hug... That's what i always want to do when I see it... And i always think about how blessed we as Americans are, because we never had to go threw something like that here... I don't really know why I'm posting this... Maybe its just because it is a picture that is always stuck in my mind.. Or to let you see what goes on in the world of Jordania..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, Jord. I didn't know you knew so much you little stinker.

Cpt.Winters said...

Thanks MoM