BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Me and my Little Brother

When i was younger i loved playing sports. Any kind of sports. It didnt matter what it was i just loved playing. So im always trying to get Jock to play some sport with me. But besides hockey he never wants to. But the other day he told me he wanted to play baseball! I was really shocked! Out of all the sports thats the last one i figered he would want to play. So i want and got us a bat and some balls. It was such a nice day saturday. So we grabbed are gear and went to the baseball field. It has been forever since ive played baseball. I had to choke back some tears when i got to the fields. Ive got so many fun memories of staying out late playing softball with friends. Things have changed so much and life seems really hard sometimes but God is good and I'm thankful for the life he's given me. I feel guilty in a way because I had such a fun childhood and always got to go out and do different activities with friends. But Jock never really had that. Its makes me really sad. So I'm always trying to involve him in whatever I do. He is my little brother and seems to annoy alot of the others in the family :) but I have fun with him. He's one of my closest friends. I spend 90% of my time with him when im not working . I really want to be a good influence on him and pray he doesnt make some of the bad choices i have made in his life. We had so much fun playing the other day. Just me and him. he made me pitch the ball fast pitch and stood in there and hit the ball. LOL the first ball he hit came back and smacked me in the shoulder. After he saw that he said WoW im not pitching for you! :) I coached him on hitting and catching and getting infront of grounders and not being scared of the ball. The funny thing is that im freaked out when some one hits me a grounder. I remember i would always ask to play shortstop because i thought it was the coolest position. But was always scared of getting hit. Whenever a grounder was hit to me i always tried to make it look like i tried really hard to stop it but i usually was trying to avoid it but make it look good at the same time. :) bet you guys didnt know that did you :P? Here are some pictures and videos. Jock was so funny when he threw the ball, doing some sort of leap as he threw it. It was fun










2 comments:

rebekah said...

I wonder why he annoys some of us but doesn't annoy you???? hhhhmmmm...... : ) Glad you had a good time. Looks beautiful there. Just think in a few years you'll have nephews to teach. : ) Miss you.

neverletmeforget said...

Well you were for sure no derek jeter =oP

Being over here I haven't been able to think life is hard sometimes... seeing the people here...their houses(more like four walls and a roof basically the size of the bedroom i'm staying in)...the way they are struggling just to survive day to day and feed their many little skinny children....I don't know but somehow I'm willing to endure the silly emotional problems of life cuz they just don't compare to the things I've seen here.... there is a saved man here who was a former witch doctor making a very good living but he gave up all that for God and now he's struggling just to get a little work and make it day to day and he has to trust God that his family won't starve. That's what I call a hard life...but at the same time he knows what it is to really trust God.. And you can see it in his face...it's really neat =o)
well anyways I guess I'll stop with the preaching....
Thanks for giving Jock a fun summer...he needs it =o)
Kriss